Monday, April 23, 2012

Amnio X 2

Well, both amnios done. It was worse than I expected actually. Both placentas were anterior and covering my stomach so the doctor had to really dig through my muscle to get it. It was horrible. The second one was mentally worse because I was really expecting the worse but it wasn't near as bad. I think that is what people talk about when they say almost the same as a blood draw.
The babies heads were right there so it was also very scary but the doctor was amazing and the nurses were so supportive. I'm very achey were they dug around and had some yucky cramps. Very glad the guys agreed to bed rest.
Here is an after picture of my 16 week belly. 
I'm pretty much back to normal although I took full advantage of the 48 hours in bed. I still took it easy and had cramping Saturday night and my left side is still pretty sore. I'm sure it will take time for the muscle to heal. My husband took time off work and really took great care of me...Mostly:) The first evening he was going to leave the babies in bed with me to watch cartoons while he mowed and ran errands. Since the babies never stay still long it took about 5 minutes to show him that wouldn't work!!
My ice cream of choice right now is Ben and Jerrys Half Baked. Really I can't get enough of it which could become a problem very quickly. Up until last week I had only gained 5 pounds in 16 weeks. That is going to change I'm sure!!
The good news is at the amnio we found out that baby A is a boy. Baby B was very stubborn but I had a wonderful nurse that wanted to make sure I had something fun to leave the appointment with and finally right before I left she discovered baby B was also a boy!! Two boys!! That is exactly what the guys were hoping for (although after spending time with my 2 year old daughter they were starting to change their minds:)
Anyway, when I got home from the amnio the guys texted right away to see if I was ok. I wasn't in the mood to talk but told them everything went fine. I loved that they didn't press me to see if I found out what the babies were. I wanted to be able to enjoy telling them and at that point it was the furthest thing on my mind. Finally that evening I'd settled down, had my ice cream and got to share the news. The guys were so excited and overwhelmed that they are having boys. I'm sure it is making it so much more real to them. It was a nice to be able to celebrate it together.
The guys also surprised me with flowers the next day:) Super nice and glad everything is DONE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment