Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Catch up

Only a little under two weeks have passed since my last post but I was shocked when I checked my calendar. Not even 2 weeks?? We said yes to the profile we received on Thursday afternoon, the 15th:) They are an international couple living in New York City. Initially that seemed a little intimidating but before long we became excited by the possibilties. What a life this child will live surrounded by so many cultures and getting to see so much of the world. We received an email Friday night, the 16th that they were thrilled with our profile. We weren't sure how our normal everyday life could thrill but we went with it!! That Sunday night we skyped and had a wonderful hour long conversation. It was two couples hoping to like each other and looking forward to the next exciting phase in our lives. We got along great, talked about love and family and walked away very hopeful. I did make sure they didnt have a problem with an epidural. I know Im not pregnant yet but that was the only deal breaker I could think of:) I'm not sure they were really familiar with what I was saying but it was nice to have it it out in the open:) September 19th we we're officially matched. We have been emailing back and forth since. A flury of emails, new contacts within the agency and scheduling appointments took up that week. Also we talked to our kids about our plans. They immedialty asked if they could skype the guys too, which showed us how accepting and excited they truly were. Fast forward to this week. I received birth control pills in the mail today, get my IUD removed tomorrow and call the fertility clinic when I start my period to schedule my screening. On day 3 of AF I start the birth control pills. From what the clinic said it will probably start within 3 days. So that means by next week we should be planning our first trip. Uncertanties-the guys are still picking an egg donor. They also haven't mentioned when they plan for us to meet. They have family in town and have been swamped. We have decided to take the back off approach as we were beginning to feel like they may feel we were being a little needy. Or more like we were being a little needy, realized it and decided to back off. Let's not put this on the guys, they have been quick to respond and super nice!! It's just that we had the read the back cover of a book version of a conversation which left us really wanting to sit down, open it up and spend all night reading it feeling. Whereas they seem to have a life. I swear when my friend said this process is just like dating she wasn't kidding. Luckily with cell phones I don't have to wait at home wondering when they are going to call...lol. Thankfully we did get to meet my friend's IF who was in town with his 3 month old. They are planning a sibling:) If there ever was any proof needed that we made the right decision it was sitting across the table from this amazing wonderful man that was made to be a father and a baby that had just been waiting for this moment to be born. They were perfect and everything a family should be. So we hurry up and wait, which for now is hurry up and remove my IUD then wait for AF. I don't expect much more than that out of this week so I am planning to take time and get ahead at work and focus on enjoying time with the family. Our IFs family heads home later this week so I imagine things will get moving there as well next week. I'm happy for the guys they had their family visit at such an exciting time though, as my friend's IF will appreciate it must have been meant to be:)

No comments:

Post a Comment